The Clinical Immunology Laboratory provides testing for general immunology, allergy and protein chemistry.
The majority of tests in adult patients can be performed on a single 10ml clotted sample collected into a plain tube. In cases of difficulty with paediatric samples please discuss with the laboratory. It may be possible to use smaller sample volumes.
Particular care is required in taking samples for the investigation of cryoglobulinaemia or for tryptase determination - details can be obtained from the laboratory.
Samples from the Bradford and St James's sites should be sent to their respective Clinical Biochemistry Specimen Reception where they will be separated logged and transported to the LGI for testing. Outside trusts should send serum samples by courier or first class mail to LGI.
On the request form, please include sufficient clinical detail in addition to patient's name, unit number, date of birth, ward and sex on all forms, to enable meaningful interpretation of results. Hazardous samples which pose a risk to laboratory staff must be clearly identified with a 'danger of infection' sticker.
|Head of Service
||Dr P Wood (Consultant & Clinical Director)
||0113-20 65526 (Secretary)
||Dr S Savic
||0113-20 65567 (Secretary)
||Mr P Hollier
|Immunology Network Contacts
||Dr S Savic / Dr A McHugh
||0113-20 65567 / 39 25550
|Clinical Scientists - duty officer
||Dr A McHugh
- All enquires about results for allergy and autoimmunity tests, immunoglobulin and complement measurements - users should consult the results server.
- Please refer to the Tests and Tubes database for enquires about sample requirements.
- If the results server is not accessible enquiries should be made to Ext. 22587.
- Clinical Enquiries will be dealt with by the duty officers (Clinical Scientist or Specialist Registrars) who may be contacted directly. Duty officers can be bleeped from LGI or SJUH swithchboard via bleep 1295 (Clinical Scientists); 1769 or 4173 (Specialist Registrars).
- Calls may be redirected to the secretarys for Dr Wood and Dr Savic. The Specialist Registrar will be contacted if they are not available.
Out of hours clinical enquiries should be made to LGI or SJUH switchboard